Selling a home is a serious proposition. It may be the most significant financial decision you will ever make. Like any other large decision, you should consult with an experienced real estate professional before taking the plunge. Rowan Realty has been serving the Carle Place-Westbury community for over 50 years. We can give you accurate, up-to-date information on the real estate market and help you find the best buyer for your home. Whether you are testing the waters or ready to sell, we will provide a free market analysis to show you the price and status of competing properties along with recent sales. At Rowan Realty, we pledge to use our skills and knowledge to get your property sold quickly at the best price and as stress-free as possible.
These steps should give you a better understanding of the selling process.
1. Check Your Records – Look for your deed and make sure all the parties on the deed are in agreement to the sale. If you cannot find your deed, you can get an official copy at the County Clerk’s office. Also, make sure you have Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Completion for any work that was added to the original structure. This includes permits for sewer connections and oil/gas conversions.
2. List Your Home – Once you choose a Realtor to sell your home, you will sign a number of forms including the Listing Agreement, Property Data Section, Agency Disclosure, Lead Disclosure Form, and Sellers Obligations Regarding Property Condition Disclosure. If you decide to enter into an Office Exclusive instead of using the Multiple Listing Service, you must sign an Office Exclusive Certification.
3. Marketing Your Property – The listing agent should present a marketing plan and explain how your home will be marketed to attract the most potential buyers.
4. Offers – The listing agent will tell you about any and all offers presented directly from customers or through other real estate agents. You can accept, reject, or respond with counter offers. Your selling agent will make sure all offers are accompanied with valid pre-approvals and/or proof of funds.
5. Accepted Offer – After you accept an offer, a sales agreement will be sent to your attorney.
6. Home Inspection – The buyers will most likely hire a Licensed Home Inspector to examine the property. The homeowner is responsible that the heating, plumbing, and electrical service are in working condition and up to current safety codes. The roof should be free of leaks and the foundation secure. If some of these items are not satisfactory, you may opt to make repairs or give the buyer a credit to fix agreed upon issues.
7. Contract – After the home inspection, your attorney will draw up the contracts and send them to the buyer’s attorney. After the terms and language are agreed upon by both parties, the buyers will sign the contracts. The contracts are then sent back to your attorney with the deposit check and for you to sign.
8. Mortgage Application – After the contracts are fully signed by both parties, the buyers can begin to process their mortgage.
9. Termite Inspection – A termite inspection should be done within 10 days after the contracts are signed.
10. Title Search – The buyer’s attorney will order a title search to make sure the property is free of liens, there are no open permits, and all CO’s are in order. This must be completed before closing.
11. Bank Appraiser – If the buyer is taking out a mortgage for the purchase, the bank will send an appraiser to determine the property value.
12. Mortgage Approval – The buyers should receive a mortgage commitment within 45 days.
13. Closing – After the bank declares that they are ready to close (the file must go through underwriting and all conditions met), the bank attorney will contact the buyers’ and sellers’ attorneys to schedule a closing date. If there is no mortgage, the closing will be scheduled by the buyers’ and seller’ attorneys once the title report is complete.
This process may appear complicated, but we are accessible 24/7 and will guide you through every step until closing.
At Rowan Realty, we treat our customers like family.
Rowan Realty has served the Carle Place/Westbury Community since 1964 and has sold more homes in Carle Place than any other real estate company.Read More
”Buying or selling a house is a bewildering series of events. Without the knowledgeable people at Rowan to guide me every step of the way I would have been lost.Read more